Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekly Update -- 5 - 11 April 2010

Yay, I'm 170 weeks old today!

Masinja's week was pretty typical. During OT he worked on copying patterns with Duplos again. He also spent quite a bit of time working on drawing vertical lines. He got pretty frustrated when his therapist wouldn't just let him scribble!

Masinja continued to experiment with pretend play during Speech. His therapist had a tea set and we all had a tea party. Masinja go to practice pouring the tea and cream, as well as scooping the sugar and stirring his tea. He was fascinated with the spoon and stirring! He even offered to stir his therapist's and my tea :o)

I attended another Parent Connections training this week entitled Parent Child Communication. The presentation was very informative and dealt not only with toddlers but also with teenagers. It certainly made me reflect on my communication skills! Hopefully I will actually remember some of the information and be able to use it as Masinja gets older. Some of the techniques might even come in handy in dealing with T.M. :o)

That's all for now.

Peace,
T.M.M.

No comments: