Thursday, May 13, 2010

Weekly Update -- 10 - 16 May 2010

Yay, I'm 175 weeks old today!

Masinja had an interesting week. I would like to report on Speech and OT but due to the events of the week and the fact that I have fallen behind on updating the blog, I honestly don't remember what activities he did this week. About the only thing I can report on is that Masinja had his 36th ECI session. His teacher, services coordinator and I discussed the differences between an IFSP and an IEP because Masinja will be transitioning to an IEP in August. We also discussed preschool placement. Masinja will start prechool in September and will go 3 days a week. He will be going in the morning from 9 to 11:30. We have the option of having him ride the bus but T.M. and I decided to drive him ourselves. He will also be eating lunch at home instead of at school because he still has feeding issues.

Masinja got to fly on an airplane for the first time this week. My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in April and started having complications this week. We flew to NY bright and early Saturday morning to spend time with him and to be there when he has surgery next week. We were planning on going to NY for a visit next month but the circumstances speeded things up a bit! We'll be heading back to Nebraska next Sunday.

That's all for now.

Peace,
T.M.M.

No comments: