Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weekly Update -- 26 January - 1 February 2009

Yay, I'm 108 weeks old today!

Masinja has had a pretty eventful week. He had his 8th ECI session this week. His teacher Karen taught him how to climb up onto the couch. It is now one of his favorite things to do. We have to watch out though because he hasn't completely figured out how to get back down safely! Karen also got him to actually sit still for about 5 minutes and build with his blocks. Previously, if you tried to build with his blocks he would just take apart anything that you built and then run around the room with a block in each hand. He really seemed to enjoy it this time though. T.M. and I are looking forward to actually being able to play with him now :O)

Masinja's Aunt Tess (Lisa) came to stay with us for a few weeks to help take care of him. I had my galbladder removed the day after Masinja's birthday so I can't pick him up for about a month. He has really enjoyed spending so much time with his Aunt Tess. She has taught him a few more words: hold on, sweet, dude and peanut butter cup :O) They have been playing a chasing game every night and it is just too cute. Masinja says I ga goo ga - which translates to I'm gonna get you - to get his Aunt Tess to chase him. The funniest part is that he doesn't run away from her but towards her instead :O)

I'm Gonna Get You Video



That's all for now.

Peace,
T.M.M.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh! Look at him go! His PT must be soooo proud! Oh wait! SHE IS!!