Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weekly Update -- 1 - 7 June 2009

Yay, I'm 126 weeks old today!

Masinja had a pretty eventful week this week. He had his 16th ECI session and his regular teacher didn't come, because she is on vacation. The occupational therapist that is on his team came instead. It was a very eventful session. She is very knowledgeable and observant. Masinja enjoyed playing with her.

We discussed his gravitational insecurity and she gave me some additional things to try to help Masinja get over that hurdle. She gave me some very good ideas as far as Masinja's feeding issues are concerned as well. In addition to broadening the spectrum of foods that he eats, we are also trying to get him to feed himself using utensils. She gave me some tips on how to accomplish that. All in all, it was a very good session and if we do decide to request a different teacher, I think we will ask for the occupational therapist.

T.M., Masinja and I made some new friends this week. T.M. and I took Masinja for a walk Thursday night and we met some neighbors, a woman and her son. The little boy is about Masinja's age and he has bright red hair. The boys seemed to get along pretty well and we are planning on getting together for some play dates next week.

The best part of the whole week was this weekend. T.M. and I took Masinja to the playground and he proceeded to climb up the stairs and then turn around and scoot back down on his butt! He must have done it about half a dozen times. He is definitely overcoming his gravitational insecurity. He still isn't very fond of the swings, but I'm sure that will change in a few weeks. He absolutely loves going down the slides though. T.M. and took turns catching him and then we all went down the really big slide a few times. We all had a great time and T.M. and I are so proud of our little man!

That's all for now.

Peace,
T.M.M.

No comments: