Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weekly Update - 25 - 31 May 2009

Yay, I'm 125 weeks old today!

Masinja had a pretty uneventful week this week. About the only thing to report is the meeting that T.M. and I had with the services coordinator for ECI.

We wanted to discuss Masinja's teacher's attitude during his last ECI session, as well as our options. The services coordinator was shocked when I told her what Masinja's teacher said a few weeks ago concerning medically based therapies. She understood our position and agreed that we should use all the resources that are available to us. I was honest with her and told her that we had considered pulling Masinja out of the program but after careful consideration had decided not to. I also told her that we feel that ECI is beneficial to him ,but that at the present time we don't feel his needs are being met. We further discussed our concerns regarding language development and our plans to seek a medically based speech evaluation. I dropped several subtle hints about the possibility of replacing Masinja's teacher, but apparently I should have been more blunt about it. T.M. and I have decided to give it a few more months and if things remain the same then we are going to request a different teacher.

That's all for now.

Peace,
T.M.M.

No comments: